Hello there and Happy Friday!
You know we here at Big Rock Labradoodles are all about taking a holistic approach with everything we can regarding the long term health and wellness of our Wonderful Woofies! So, here are 9 home remedies that you can add to your arsenal today!
1. Dog Dandruff Shampoo STINKY Dog Shampoo Remedy for Dandruff.. or Botanical SELSUN Blue - 1 cup of green tea, - 2 tablespoons of castile soap - 10 drops lavender essential oil - 2 tablespoons of ACV Or SELSUN BLUE Botanical Shampoo ( has essential oils), both great for Yeast Leave on for 10 minutes, rinse well, at least once per week 2. STOP dog Coughing fast Suro Organic Elderberry Syrup Elderberry syrup, Pure Honey, Propolis and ACV Elderberry is a proven antiviral/anti-inflammatory, propolis ( from honeybees) is a great antibacterial/antiviral, Apple Cider Vinegar (ACV) with acetic acid kills bacteria and decreases swelling, and the HONEY has extensive studies showing it to be more beneficial than all the OTC meds for cough. An easy safe, and effective option for cough Dose: ½ tsp./ 10lbs body weight
3. DMSO (Dimethyl Sulfoxide) DMSO - Discovered by a Russian Chemist in the 1800’s Contains Sulfur, allowing it to affect many cells.. great for arthritis, used in combination with Cannabidiol for Feline Urinary Tract Disease Rapidly penetrates skin, blood brain barrier, HOW to use: apply topically to a painful joint- it is odorless and tasteless, but wear gloves. This was used often in my veterinary practice as it brings other medications through the skin into the joint/body. Can apply a topical first (ie CBD) and then the DMSO
4. Natural Antibiotics Clip and cleaned wound using chlorhexidine (anti-bacterial cleansing agent) as a flush Then use Colloidal Silver orally and topically. Colloidal silver consists of tiny silver particles in a liquid. It has been extensively studied, it's safe, antibacterial properties..
Dose: ¼ teaspoon/10lbs body weight twice daily, applied topically
5. QUERCETIN for Allergies In apple, red wine, red onion, blueberries, green tea Quercetin is a well documented anti-inflammatory, and being used for animals and people with allergy. It is also a good option as a holistic antiviral Dose: Approx. 3mg /lb twice daily for dogs/cats
6. Slippery ELM
Slippery Elm, from the bark of the Slippery Elm tree.. Some of the documented uses: Chronic Renal Failure in Cats ( and dogs), Vomiting, Diarrhea, IBD, Coughing Very safe and beneficial.. the fine ground powder when mixed with water forms this slimy/mucilage powder.. soothes by coating the throat, intestinal tract.. brownish paste.. You may only be able to get the capsules which is fine, just break them open and combine with water. A typical dose of 100mg/10lbs daily. A good remedy to have on hand, especially for Vomiting/Diarrhea
7. Castor Oil Castor Oil has an array of medicinal benefits for your dogs and cats. It is used for constipation, dog allergies, topical for arthritis, speed up wound healing, along with stopping dandruff and treating acne. Castor bean, used as an industrial lubricant…. Active ingredient is ricinoleic acid ( broken down in intestine.. stimulant laxative) It is especially safe, and has been used topically for wound healing and relief of minor arthritis pain. Try it out on your own hands as it starts out very thick/viscous, but dose get absorbed. A very safe option for constipation in dogs and cats. Dose of 1/2 teaspoon/10lbs
8. NEW Dog Allergy Remedy – dog itching, scratching.. hair loss.. plant nutrient that comes from Soy. Beta-Sitosterol It has been shown to be effective in animal studies for atopic dermatitis Dose of 1-2mg/lb twice daily Some contain flax oil as well… Beta-Sitosterol Plant Sterols, - primarily used for people to naturally lower cholesterol Use for a minimum of 4 weeks to see if it is helping your dog
9. Panacur for Cancer (available through vets) Joe Tippens story, cancer spread, no chance to live.. a vet suggested taking fenbendazole.. Joe was given NO chance to live, and was cleared of cancer in 4 weeks (he is presently in his 5th year of remission) Since this has been published, other reports of people finding success with some types of cancer, and may also be able to help our dogs and cats with cancer There is research showing how fenbendazole destabilizes part of the cell walls of cancer cells leading to cell death. Doses for deworming 50mg/kg once daily for 3 days Liquid is 100mg/ml concentration Regimen for cancer is 50mg/kg once daily for 3 days on/ 4 days off Suggested that you try it for a month to see if your pet will respond..